Attendance figures for the Disney World theme parks is something that the Disney hierarchy keep real close to their chests. That said, we have plenty of information at hand to have an educated guess as to when it’s going to be relatively quiet, busy or real busy.
As a rule of thumb, if you can avoid any period which involves a school vacation time or a US national holiday, then you are off to a good start. Also keep in mind that Disney run’s many special events during the calendar year in an attempt to raise the attendance figures during the “quieter times”.
Also, be prepared for some of the rides/shows to be closed for rehab during the quieter times of the year.
The known busy periods from highest to lowest are:
Highest Attendance at Disney World
- Presidents’ week in February.
- Mid March through Late April.
- Memorial Day weekend.
- Mid June through Labor Day.
- Thanksgiving Day and weekend.
- Christmas week through New Year’s Day.
Moderate Attendance at Disney World
- After Presidents’ week in February through early March.
- Late April through early June.
- Columbus Day Weekend.
- The first part of Thanksgiving week.
Quietest Attendance at Disney World
- January 4th until just prior to Presidents’ Week in February.
- The week following Labor Day until the week prior to Thanksgiving.
- The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December.