Toy Story Mania! is currently been tested by cast members and annual passholders at the moment but in readiness for it’s official opening, Disney have released a load of interesting facts about it’s newest attraction. Most interestingly for me is that the ride will have a single rider option.
- Each ride vehicle weighs as much as 8,580 Woody dolls.
- It would take 5,026 toy soldiers lined up end-to-end to make up the total track length.
- Toy Story Mania! is the first time that Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an attraction for two Disney Parks simultaneously.
- It has been estimated that, each day, guests may break over one million virtual plates using the spring-action shooters.
- Riders in the Sky, the award-winning group that wrote the songs that Mr. Potato Head performs as part of the attraction, is the same group that wrote “Woody’s Roundup” for the “Toy Story” feature films.
- This is the first attraction that Walt Disney Imagineering designed where the Imagineers had to wear 3-D glasses to art direct all the black-light paint elements.
- The murals located in the load area at Disney’s Hollywood Studios are the largest murals painted since Epcot was built.
- In the queue area: The viewfinder is just shy of four feet in diameter and the Christmas lights are 13 inches long.
- In order to create a show that responds not only to every pull of a guest’s spring-action shooter but also every move their midway tram makes, there are more than 150 computers communicating over multiple networks throughout the attraction.
- At Toy Story Mania!, every guest gets to experience life at the size of a toy. So in Andy’s room, a 5 foot 6 inch person will feel about 14″ tall.
- More time was spent programming Mr. Potato Head than for any other Audio-Animatronics figure ever created by Walt Disney Imagineering.
- Mr. Potato Head will be able to say more lines of dialogue than any Audio-Animatronics figure ever created by Walt Disney Imagineering.
- “It’s a ride that’s a game. It’s a game that’s a ride,” says Mr. Potato Head to queuing guests. “Step right up and see what’s inside.”
- The Mr. Potato Head Audio-Animatronics figure is the first time that an Audio-Animatronics figure can remove a body part and re-attach it (in the case of his ear).
- The Mr. Potato Head Audio-Animatronics figure has new, highly expressive and animated eyes that can look directly at a particular guest in the queue when speaking to him/her.
- Mr. Potato Head marks the first Audio-Animatronics figure whose mouth appears to form words and vowel sounds.
- In each of the Toy Story Mania! games, there is at least one “easter egg” — targets that can trigger the appearance of bonus high-value targets and other changes in the scene.
- Toy Story Mania! is the first time that Woody and Buzz Lightyear (along with some of their friends) from the Disney-Pixar “Toy Story” films appear together in a ride-through attraction.
- Watch for loose change in the prize scene — Hamm is carrying more than $6 in coins when his cork pops.
Nice to Know:
- Because of the indoor nature of the attraction and to keep the guest experience fun for all, flash photography or video is not allowed on Toy Story Mania!
- Everyone can play! There is no height or age restriction for guests to experience Toy Story Mania!, creating a multi-generational experience the entire family can enjoy together.
- A beeline to fun! At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Mania! utilizes Disney’s FASTPASS, a return voucher offering little or no waiting time at select attractions. Single riders also have their own queuing option for Toy Story Mania!